1. The Amazon is found in South America, spreading over across Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana.
2. Covering over 5.5 million square kilometers, it’s huge to the point that the UK and Ireland would find a way into it multiple times! The Amazon is the world’s biggest tropical rainforest.
3. In 2007, a man named Martin Strel swam the whole length of the Amazon stream! To finish his sprinkling wilderness venture, Martin fueled through the water for as long as ten hours every day for 66 days!
4. In spite of the fact that there is some discussion, most researchers concur that the Amazon is the world’s second longest stream after the River Nile. Going through the north of the rainforest is the Amazon River — an organization of a huge number of streams that extends 6,840km.
5. there are around 40,000 plant species, 1,300 winged creature species, 3,000 sorts of fish, 430 vertebrates and an incredible 2.5 million unique bugs. Goodness The Amazon has an unfathomably rich environment – !
6. Around 400-500 indigenous Amerindian clans call the Amazon rainforest home. It’s accepted that around fifty of these clans have never had contact with the rest of the world!